Sunrise or Sunset, Which one is your favourite time to click the golden sun? Do you really cares whether its a sunrise or sunset? At least, I don’t. The golden hours in the clear sky always looks fabulous and incredible, whether its a dawn or dusk. and if you are person like me who doesn’t love to wake-up in the early morning, you must chase those beautiful sunsets of golden hour. While exploring the pictures from the past journeys, I found some beautiful pictures of setting sun from many destinations. I just wish to share those pictures with you in this post:
1. Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh: Dharamshala is a beautiful hill station at the height of 4780 feet (1457 m) . Famous for its beautiful cricket stadium, it is also the seat of Tibetan Government in Exile that operates from nearby McLeodganj and where His Holiness Dalai Lama resides. The city offers a panoramic view of Dhauladhar ranges of The Himalayas.
I clicked this picture from the relatively lesser known Gandhi Park of Dharamshala. Gandhi Park is a good place to witness the sunset over the small hills surrounded by the pine trees.
2. Shimla, Himachal Pradesh: Shimla is famous as a romantic gateway of India. In the winter season, many people from North India rush towards Shimla to experience the snow fall. The Mall is the most happening place of Shimla.
I have been there many times during my trips to Himachal Pradesh. While standing at The Mall, behind the statue of Late Smt.Indira Gandhi, on a fine evening, I clicked this picture of the beautiful sky and sunset beyond the pine trees.
3. Bedini Bugyal, Chamoli, Uttarakhand: Trekking to the Roopkund Lake is one of the most memorable trip of my life. This trek route has a complete package of adventure with dense forests, widespread green grasslands, high mountains, snow-clad peaks and a mysterious lake at the end. I never felt so close to the nature as in the wilderness of Bedini Bugyal and beyond.
This picture of Trishul and nearby Kali Dak peak was clicked, while camping at Bedini Bugyal in the evening.
4. New Delhi: Interestingly, Delhi is one of my favourite place to witness a sunrise as well as a sunset. Watching the aircraft climbing and descending at Delhi Airport with an orange sun in the background is really a visual delight.
Though there is no aircraft in this picture, but still, I love this picture of the sky over Delhi Airport, taken from the top of my residence at Mahipalpur.
5. Asola Bird Sanctuary, Near Surajkund, Haryana-Delhi Border: This bird sanctuary is located near Surajkund, Haryana in the close vicinity to Delhi Border. While walking through the thorny bushes of this bird sanctuary, we got another glimpse of a beautiful sunset.
6. Guwahati, Assam: Cruising in a public ferry on Brahmaputra River is again a memorable experience. The golden hour of the evening becomes live with the rays of setting sun dancing over the water of Brahmaputra River.
Another great place to watch a beautiful sunset in Guwahati is the Guwahati Airport Boundary and nearby area. The setting sun behind the hill makes a perfect picture in the evening.
7. Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh: Maha Kumbha Mela in Allahabad is always a spectacular event. Thousands of temporary residences in the form of tents, scatter all around on the sand bed of The Ganges and The Yamuna River, are the home to the millions of devotee for this month long event.
This picture was clicked during the last Maha Kumbha in February, 2013 from the Shashtri Bridge in Allahabad.
8. Agra, Uttar Pradesh: Nothing in the world can beat the eternity and magnificence of The Taj Mahal. This white marble building is a global icon of the immortal love.
While millions of tourists visit Taj Mahal each year, very few of them go to Mehtab Bagh, a beautiful garden in the backdrop of Taj Mahal across the Yamuna River. From there, you can have a beautiful view of Taj Mahal in the evening, when the rays of setting sun create a beautiful effect over the white marble.
9. Udaipur, Rajasthan: Udaipur is a city with large lakes, grand palaces and beautiful gardens, that attracts millions of visitor every year. It is indeed a city of glorious past and incredible present.
The place to view a magnificent sunset is from the Sunset point on the bank of Lake Pichola with the Lake Palace in the background, but, if you are lucky enough like me, then you can witness a sunset like this from the rooftop of your restaurant near Pichola Lake.
10. Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh: Hyderabad is again a kind of city, where I wish to go again and again.
Though the most beautiful sunset of Hyderabad can be viewed from the Birla Temple, where photography is not allowed, I clicked this aircraft climbing towards the setting sun from the airport area near Begumpet.
11. Luxor, Egypt: Luxor is a dream destination for any history lover. It is the home of Karnak Temple, the second most visited attraction in Egypt after the Great Pyramid of Giza.
While staying in Luxor, a walk along the Nile River in the evening can help you to witness a remarkable view of sunset.
12. Alexandria, Egypt: Alexandria is a major city of Egypt on the coast of Mediterranean Sea. While walking from the Great Library of Alexandria towards the Citadel of Qaitbay along the Mediterranean Sea, I clicked this beautiful sunset in Alexandria.
13. Cairo, Egypt: Cairo, the capital of Egypt, is a remarkable chapter of ancient history. This picture was clicked from the bank of Nile river near the Nilometer in Coptic Cairo area.
14. Angkor Archaeological Park, Seam Reap, Cambodia: Angkor Archaeological Park is the home of magnificent ruins of massive temples built by Khmer Empire from 9th to 15th century. Spreading over 400 kilometers area, it is one of the most sought destination of South East Asia.
While Angkor Wat Temple is famous for its beautiful sunrise, that attracts hundreds of people everyday in the dark hours of dawn, It also provides some viewpoints for a beautiful sunset from the hill of Phnom Bakheng and from the Lake of Sras Srang. I couldn’t reach Phnom Bakheng due to heavy rush of the tourists, but on the way to Sras Srang, I clicked this beautiful picture of the sky. These are not the Photoshopped color, but the actual color of the sky.
15. Somewhere En-route from Hyderabad to New Delhi: You can’t always rely on a sunset point to click a beautiful sunset. It can be clicked from anywhere. This picture was clicked somewhere in Madhya Pradesh from the moving train, Andhra Pradesh Express, while travelling from Hyderabad to New Delhi.
Let me know, which one is your favourite picture among all these?
If you wish to get the regular updates from Solo Backpacker, subscribe to this blog by entering your e-mail address in the space provided on the right side of this page. You can also follow us on Facebook as well as on Twitter.