This is a free guest post contributed by Rohit.
If you love nature and if you want to feel one with nature, Manali is the place for you. It is situated at 6726 ft altitude in River Beas valley. The stunning landscape with snow-clad mountains is awe-inspiring. While nature touches your soul, the adventure you experience challenges the person in you. You can choose to be entertained by various activities such as mountaineering, trekking, skiing and so on. There are lots of things one could do in Manali, but given below are some places, which no visitor to Manali will want to miss.
1) River Beas: River Beas emerges from Rohtang Pass of Himalayas at an altitude of 13050 feet. The enchanting river flows down to unite with River Sutlej and drains into Arabian sea. You could lose your heart to the scenic beauty offered by the river. The tranquil water is a sight to watch and its roar is a music to your ears. You could take a walk along the river, sit on the rocks and let your feet have a feel of the water. However, you need to be careful, as it is one of the roughest rivers in India. One is sure to experience peace in this environment. Tourists love river rafting and the best time to visit is between April and August if you are interested in river rafting.
2) Rohtang Pass: You could club your visit to River Beas with Rohtang Pass. It is situated 51 kilometers from Manali. Snow-capped mountains and glaciers steal the show here. Those who love adventure would enjoy their visit to Rohtang Pass as one could take go skiing, trekking and snow-scooter riding here. The ideal time of the year to visit this place would be between June and September.
3) Jogini Waterfall : You cannot help falling in love with this place. The picturesque beauty of Jogini waterfall captivates your soul. The falls is situated between two villages namely, Vashisht and Goshale. Reaching for the waterfall involves trekking the two-kilometer distance from where you could park your car. Rainbow seen during daytime in the waterfall is spectacular to watch.
4) Solang Valley: The stunning views of snow-clad peaks are bliss to watch from Solang Valley. Being in Solang Valley makes you feel the magnitude of nature. The lush green forests, vast sky, peaks covered with snow and the entire atmosphere overwhelm you. If you plan to tap the adventurous spirit in you, just ski on the slopes. Manali’s ski school is located in Solang Valley. Skiing lessons are conducted here. Solang Nullah offers various adventurous sports. If you were to visit the place during summer, you could go for paragliding and zorbing. You could ski during winter.
5) Hadimba Temple The location of the temple itself is interesting. It is situated in the dense forest in the foot of Himalayas. The temple was constructed in 1533 A.D. Dedicated to goddess Hadimba Devi, the temple is one of the famous tourist spots in Manali. The four-tiered temple is mostly made of wood. Festival celebrated at Hadimba temple during May every year, attracts people in large numbers.
The list of tourist spots to be visited while in Manali is indeed short-listed. You could plan your travel in such a way that you do not miss all these important spots. Certain tourist spots could cost you more but with proper planning, you could cut down on some expenses. Also using travel coupon from websites like couponlava.com, couponcabin.com, etc. would help you to minimize your tour expenses and thus allow you space for quality spending. Manali is beautiful and challenging. You could go on jeep safaris and have a whale of a time driving through the picturesque landscapes of Manali.
This is a guest post written by Rohit. He likes to write about online travel websites & e-commerce in general. He is currently working at http://www.couponlava.com .